Reflections on research
Although from the existing artists of silmiar genres I found that most have very basic styles and branding, I would like my artist to have a much more "pop" style. I'd like to ditract from her existing garage style and head towards the girly side of her music as I think this better suits the song. I think this will be easy to do as I agree with Robert Stam's theory that genre doesn't exist, that it's an invented concept that we can manipluate through taking conventions of others in the genre, opposingly supporting Rick Altman's theory that everything in one genre looks the same so trying to make sure mine looks like other pop videos.

This is her existing album cover. Although this simplicity of the cover clearly fits into the garage style like other garage artists, I'd like to make her look more like a pop artist by: changing the way she dresses, I don't think she looks girly enough in this photo, by changing the way that her name is written, this font is boring, and by including more colours as I think her song is alot more lively and bold than this cover makes it seem.
Instead I am going to look at some existing pop artists and how they promote and brand themselves for ideas of how to design my digipak, poster and video model.
No comments:
Post a Comment