Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Reflection on Premier Elements

The first time I used Premier Elements was when putting my video of my pitch together which gave me a chance to get used to the programme and practice cutting the different clips.
It was a completely different story when I then started editing my video as I then I had to take into account alot of other things, like it being in time to the song, the most difficult part being the syncronising of the lips to the words. I also then had to consider whether things looked good together, what order to put things in, what clips to choose over others, and regardless of the fact that I believe myself to be creative and know exactly what I want my video to look like, it is very difficult to make decisions about what to do next!

From this practice, I found that it would be a lot easier to already have chosen the best clips so that all I had to do was order them. I made folders named "Dance" for the clips of my dance shots, "Lyrics" for the shots in which my actress mimed words and named each clip after the words she said, and "Time Fillers" which mainly included shots of my actress walking which I will be using to fill time in which no lyrics are said and a dance clip has already been used.

I also learnt that I should have saved my video at various point along the way, naming them slightly differently when I thought what I may do next may completely ruin the video so that I could go back to the last saved point.

1 comment:

  1. How useful was your timeline planning? Do you think there is anything you could have done prior to shooting to help organise your ideas? How have you organised the clips? Can you explain what technical skills you have gained during the editing process so far?

    ReplyDelete