Whilst deciding whether to change my song or not, I got started on my Digipak and Poster using Adobe InDesign. I was already farmiliar with this software from using it for my AS magazine project so found it easy to create what I wanted to. These were the first drafts I came up with in an hour to roughly plan what I want them to look like.
The Digipak I am the least happy with. I don't think it is lively enough for my target audience who I think would like bold colours and shapes from looking at Cher Lloyd's Swagger Jagger which has multiple shapes, colours and designs and the straight white box with black text doesn't fit into this effect. I am also considering changing the photo as, by using this one, her face is mostly covered by the text. The text was origionally supposed to frame her face in the bottom left corner but I haven't been able to do that with this photo. I like that in both photographs, my model is facing to the side, as if looking off into the distance. It gives the view of these images a sense of voyerism as they study and appreciate how pretty she is.
I don't think I need to change much on my poster as I managed to acheive the effect I wanted. The stripes of text across the bottom of the screen frame the photo well. Similarly to how Vampire Weekend's poster highlights the model's face, mine highlights the top half of her body which includes a bare chest and beautiful face so again adds to the voyerism feel of the photograph. I chose this colour scheme purposely as the yellow matches the wall, blue matches her top and pink is girly so come together to look "pop"y professional, along with the professional pose and styling which come together in this poster to be exactly what I was hoping to acheive.
Can you be more analytical about the image of your artist and the target audience and how the framing and composition, character pose and gaze, colour scheme, styling and layout contribute to the desired effect? Also drawing on your previous research and relating to other advertisements you have analysed.
ReplyDeleteWhat software did you use to create this?
ReplyDeleteThink the colours work really well, as they mix altogether :)