Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Digipak Research

Along with the music video, I also need to design a Digipak to go along with the promo and the single, in this case, for Katy B's song On A Mission.

A digipak is basically a paperback version of the more commonly seen jewel cases. The have at least 4 panels, simply folded in half but can be more creative and intricate, incorperating more plastic trays for space to hold more than one disk and other panels for images and text.

Rihannas album cover is very simple, only including a photo of herself, set in the costume and setting that her song is, just the letter R assuming that people know who she is anyway, and the name of the song printed onto her arm, tattoos being popular amungst her young target audience and to show the passion she has for her music.






I am going to take alot of inspiration from this album cover because I think it effectively presents the artist as a fun, artistic artist and suits the song that I have chosen as it is just as lively and upbeat. I would also like to include various colours, nice clothes, the artist posing and shapes that make the album cover look girly and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. What is the function of each panel of the digipak? How will your design be developed considering the fold-out design? How will the look and feel complement your magazine advert and your music video? Theme, colour, lighting, style, image of the 'artist' etc?

    ReplyDelete