Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Styling Research

I found a trends section on the online clothes shop called Asos which includes lots of pictures from recent catwalks and photoshoots including clothes that have become very popular. I have then compared these styles to clothes from the new in section on the topshop website to see if these looks are sold on the high streets currently and how people are wearing them.
I made this mood board by taking photos of groups of clothes from my own wardrobe that fell under the different categories in the "trends" page I found on the Asos website.

 
As you can see from this mood board, there are alot of different colours. I want this to be the main theme of the video; as long as she looks bright and cheerful compared to the gloomy setting and colours in the background, I will sucessfully have the effect I want and this won't be hard with the mixture of colours I have in my wardrobe.



I'd like to cover all of these different styles throughout the video, mixing them together to form a unique style and making sure it doesn't target just one of these groups. For each time I change the location of the shot I will change her outfit.
 
Cher Lloyd has a style that is an example of this; not just sticking to one style, wearing all sorts of clothes together that people wouldn't think to put together. I would like to try and acheive a look like hers in my video.
Here is a link to my Pinterest mood board summarising Cher Lloyd's fashion sense and demonstrating the look I am taking instpiartion from http://pinterest.com/vickyginge/cher-lloyd/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment