Monday, 24 September 2012

Song Choice

After a lot of debate, weighing up the pros and cons of each and getting others' opinions, I decided I would do my video to the song "On a Mission" by Katy B;
 
 
I like this song and know it well, both the words and structure, and feel really inspired by the tune. It is a modern, urban song so would match a video well filmed in the streets as I wanted. The tone of the song is cheerful but unemotional so I feel like it should be a party song, something that makes people want to dance rather than holding a certain emotion which would make me want to make an emtional, narrative video.
 
Considering these thoughts, I have also decided that a concept video would be the best idea; leaving the story in the lyrics to the listener but giving the artist a chance to show her character and how she wants the song to make other people feel- the same way it makes her dance and move. A performance element would be brought in as she sings and performs her song throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment